WOMEN AT HEART
As part of World Heart Day 2013, Croi will host a Free Public Health Talk on 'Women & Heart Disease' at the Croi Heart & Stroke Centre, Moyola Lane, Newcastle, Galway.
The talk will be given by Dr. Blaithnead Murtagh at 8.00 PM on Wednesday September 25th.
This talk will provide the heart facts that every women needs to know:
- Heart disease is not just a man's disease.
- Heart disease & Stroke is the # 1 killer of women in Ireland & Worldwide.
- 1 out of every 2 Irish women will die from cardiovascular disease.
- Women are 7 times more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than breast cancer.
While these facts can seem overwhelming, the good news is that 90% of Heart disease & Stroke is preventable through lifestyle change and risk factor modification.
Your local heart & stroke charity Croi is committed to helping you reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease by offering a range of programmes to cater to all people's needs.
Programmes at the Croi Heart & Stroke Centre include:
- Risk Factor Screening
- Fitness Assesments
- Back to Fitness Programmes
- Weight Management Programmes
- Exercise Classes & Yoga
- Lifestyle Intervention Programmes
- Dietetic Consultations
Also available on the day from 2.00 PM to 7.00 PM in the Croi Heart & Stroke Centre 'Free Blood Pressure & Pulse Checks for Women' Just drop in and meet one of our Heart Health Team!
Croí has also organised a special 'Women at Heart' Walk for Monday 23rd September.Click here for more information
A promotion by Croi as part of World Heart Day 2013
« back to press room